Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Haunted Hospitality: Guide to Florida's Haunted Inns


Join me in my adventure as I visit Florida's historic and haunted inns.

Last Sunday June 7, 2010, I visited Old Powder House Inn (built in 1899) , in St. Augustine.

Katie, the innkeeper put me up in a lovely room named "Serenity." And that is just what it was. For being one of the most active rooms in the inn, it was one of the most peaceful and relaxing rooms I have stayed so far. It over looked old town from the second story balcony. I was hoping to have an experience from Mrs. Capo, one of the inn's original owners. The only thing that I couldn't explain was the bathroom light coming on in the middle of the night.

The next morning, I had a delicious homemade breakfast and talked to Katie about the paranormal activity in the inn. The highlight was seeing the "haunted painting" of a conquestador located in the Miranda room.

The Old Powder House Inn was filled with nothing but positive energy. Information on the inn can be found at http://www.oldpowderhouse.com/

Next week Wednesday June 16th, I am headed to Bartow, Florida to the Stanford Inn. This inn was filmed in the movie "My Girl."

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to take a tour of the inns myself after I get your book!

    ReplyDelete